Friday, March 5, 2010

'57 LUNCH BUNCH AT FORT BALL PIZZA 3/05




This is the group today at Fort Ball luncheon. Left side Bill Dryfuse, Peg ( Hunker) Thallman, Carol (Arbogast) Engel, Jim Fey, Vivian (Baugher) Blankenship, Rudy Karle, Charles Mizen, Denise ( Lentz) Ziegler, David Aller,and his wife Susan,
Right side front to back, Herb Crum,Shirley ( Beard)Baker, Marilou (Peer) Hill, Norma ( Shumaker) Hiner, Janet ( Shuman) Beisner, Howard Beisner, Lucy Lather, Loretta ( Reiter) Bargaheiser, and her daughter Cindy,
David Aller and his Wife Susan was going to be in town from where they live in Royal Oak, Mich, and emailed me and said what a better place to be then visiting with his class mates. Every one was surprised to see him, as they didn't know he was going to be there.
It was nice I reserved the back room, and every one could move around and visit more with each other.
They voted to go to Shell Shuckers at our next luncheon May 7, 2010 at 12:00

from Vivian

11 comments:

Sarj Bloom said...

I think you should have the luncheon earlier in the day....it looks like it was near Dave's nap time
Sarj

Anonymous said...

This is Vivian.

Anonymous said...

I remember the Lindsay's Texaco station was where Fort Ball Pizza is now.
I bought my first bike there. They had so many things in that station you could buy besides just gasoline.

And across the street was Runion's grocery store, you could buy most any thing in there to eat on the way home from school.
Vivian.

Sarj Bloom said...

Vivian. I remember Lindsay's very very well Mrs. Lindsay was a nice lady and when I was very young she helped me and my family. I won't go into why etc. but suffice it to say she was a good woman with a big heart.
Great memories of the good ol'days. I would often stop there on the way downtown and buy candy or just say hello.
Do you remember the big warehouse across street? We called it the Pigeon Place.

Sarj Bloom said...

Vivian....Now this is what I'm talking about! Interaction....Let's hope that it catches on. It's like a reunion on line.

Anonymous said...

No I don't remember that big ware house, but I do remember Floom Fleck is that what your taking about?
They sold candy and Easter egg colorings.

And Pete Runion had a junk yard behind his store,Across from the filling station and we use to take rags and junk there to sell and get money for the movies or what we wanted,
Yes Mr and Mrs Lindsay were a special couple, I liked them both.

I hope more class mates comment about what they remember in their growing up.
Vivian ( Baugher) Blankenship

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sending the pictures
from the luncheon at Fort Ball Pizza. For those of us who are unable to attend, they are a big help in keeping us connected. But, who are all those old people?

Larry Wahrer

Anonymous said...

Thanks Larry for your comment lol As I said before I don't know but they keep showing up at our luncheon's.

There is an older woman living in my house too She only shows up when I go past a mirror, I wish she would leave.

Vivian.

Sarj Bloom said...

Thanks Larry for comments. I hope we can really get people to start sharing things on here.

Anonymous said...

Yes Larry, I am one of those
OLD PEOPLE in the picture, but
I think we are all beautiful.
I see everyone as they used to
be. Vivian the person you see
in the mirror is a wonderful
and beautiful person. We had a
great time and if possible
during the good weather months,
I would like to see our luncheons
ONCE a month. Just a suggestion.
Thanks Sarj for this site. You
do fantastic work. Marilou HILL

Sarj Bloom said...

Marilou You're not OLD because I'm not old....so there.
If I was in town I would come every time for sure. I always feel a special bond with you all. We grew up together and share many memories and it was a good time. Thanks for sharing.